Picking up where 2008's 'An Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood' left off, GNAW THEIR TONGUES is back with nine new tracks of fearsome blackened orchestral chaos and abstract horror that still sounds like little else out there.
On 'All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity', we're feeling an even heavier bass-assault compared to the other releases, and this is easily the heaviest GNAW THEIR TONGUES release yet. This monstrous, noxious bottom-end roar that skulks and slithers throughout the album suggests a foul fusion of Abruptum and Leonard Rosenman's most nightmarish film scores, piled in towering heaps of sadistic noise, warped orchestral strings, degraded samples, shrieking voices, and punishing lurching doom draped in suffocating atmosphere. Hyper-abstract black metal sound-collage? Wagnerian avant-doom psychosis? You can try, but GNAW THEIR TONGUES remain ultimately impossible to pin to any one genre.
This album plunges even deeper into a black pit of total cinematic horror, sexual perversion, and shapeless chasms, deeper into dementia than you previously thought music could take you. Samples of this heinous, auditory expulsion can be unleashed at this location: www.crucialblast.net/gtt_dread.html.
'All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity' track listing:
1. My Orifices Await Ravaging
2. Verbrannt Und Verflucht
3. Broken Fingers Point Upwards In Vain
4. The Stench Of Dead Horses On My Breath And The Vile Of Existence On My Hands
5. L'ange Qui Annonce La Fin Du Temps
6. Gazing At Me Through Tears Of Urine
7. Rife With Deep Teeth Marks
8. All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity
9. The Gnostic Ritual Consumption Of Semen As Embodiment Of Wounds Teared In The Soul
'All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity' will be released on September 8th on Crucial Blast.